Effective Date: May 14, 2018
Thanks for visiting Luke Holroyd Photography. Luke Holroyd Photography respects your privacy. When it comes to your personal information, we believe in transparency, not surprises. That’s why we’ve set out here what personal information we collect, what we do with it and your choices and rights.
2. Personal information we collect
We collect various personal information regarding you or your device. This includes the following:
- Information you provide for Luke Holroyd Photography to contact you, specifically email address, first name, last name, connect number and address.
- Your marketing preferences.
- The emails and other communications that you send us or otherwise contribute, such as contact inquiries or posts/messages to our social media platforms. Please be aware that information on public parts of our sites is available to others.
- Information you share with us in connection with surveys, contests or promotions.
- Other information you submit to us directly or through Third Party Services if you use a Third Party Service to create a booking or contact us (based on your privacy settings with such Third Party Service).
3. How we collect personal information
We obtain personal information from:
- You provide it directly (such as emailing, social media messages, email sign up forms or contact forms).
We’ve described this in more detail below.
a. Personal information you provide
When you use our Services, we collect information from you in a number of ways. For instance, we ask you to provide your name(s), email address, contact telephone number(s) and postal address to send your more information regarding your booking(s). We also maintain the emails and other communications that you send us or otherwise contribute, such as contact emails or posts and messages to our social media platforms You might also provide us with information in other ways, including by responding to surveys, submitting a form or participating in contests or similar promotions.
Sometimes we require you to provide us with information for contractual or legal reasons. For example, we may ask you to provide your basic bank details if for any reason you require a full or partial refund. Please refer to our "Terms and Conditions" document for more information on refunds.
b. Personal information obtained from your use of our Services
When you use our websites (www.lukeholroyd.com & www.lukeholroyd.co.uk), we collect information about your activity on and interaction with the Services, such as your IP address(es), your device and browser type, what pages on our sites you visit and for how long and identifiers associated with your devices.
4. How we use your personal information
We use the personal information we obtain about you to:
- Create and manage your booking(s), provide and personalise our Services, process payments and respond to your inquiries.
- Communicating with you. Communicate with you, including by sending you emails about your transactions and Service-related announcements.
- Surveys and contests. Administer surveys, contests and other promotions.
- Promotion. Promote our Services and send you tailored marketing communications about products, services, offers, programs and promotions of Luke Holroyd Photography and our partners and measure the success of those campaigns. For example, we may send different marketing communications to you based on your booking(s) or what we think may interest you based on other information we hold about you.
- Security. Ensure the security and integrity of our Services.
- Enforcement. Enforce our Terms of Service and other legal terms and policies.
- Protection. Protect our and others’ interests, rights and property.
- Complying with law. Comply with applicable legal requirements, such as tax and other government regulations and industry standards, contracts and law enforcement requests.
We process your personal information for the above purposes when:
- Consent. You have consented to the use of your personal information in a particular way. When you consent, you can change your mind at any time.
- Performance of a contract. We need your personal information to provide you with services and products requested by you, or to respond to your inquiries. In other words, so we can perform our contract with you or take steps at your request before entering into one. For example, we need your email address, address and full names so we can create an invoice for your booking(s).
- Legal obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your personal information, such as to comply with applicable tax and other government regulations or to comply with a court order or binding law enforcement request.
- Legitimate interests. We have a legitimate interest in using your personal information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in the following cases:
To operate the Luke Holroyd Photography business and provide you with tailored advertising and communications to develop and promote our business.
To analaise and improve the safety and security of our Services - we do this as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in ensuring your personal data is secure, such as by implementing and enhancing security measures and protections and protecting against fraud, spam and abuse.
To provide and improve the Services, including any personalised services - we do this as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests of providing an innovative and tailored offering to our clients on a sustained basis.
5. How we share your personal information
We share personal information in the following ways:
- Affiliates. We share personal information with our affiliates when it is reasonably necessary or desirable, such as to help provide services to you or analise and improve the services we or they provide.
- We share with our integrated website builder, www.squarespace.com, your data usage. For example, our integrated website builder automatically collects information about what web page the Users/Visitors to our websites have visited before coming to their site and how they interacted with our site. This is so we can analyse the usage of our sites and improve our services.
- Service providers. We share personal information with our service providers that perform services on our behalf. For example, we may use third parties to help us provide customer support, manage our advertisements on other sites, send marketing and other communications on our behalf or assist with data storage.
- Following the law or protecting rights and interests. We disclose your personal information if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, protect our or others’ rights, property or interests (such as enforcing our Terms of Service) or prevent fraud or abuse of Luke Holroyd Photography or our clients. In particular, we may disclose your personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, such as to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Business Transfers. If we're involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition or sale of some or all of our assets, your personal information may be transferred as part of that deal.
6. Your Rights and Choices
Where applicable law requires (and subject to any relevant exceptions under law), you may have the right to access, update, change or delete personal information.
You can access, update, change or delete personal information either directly in your Account or by contacting us at email@example.com to request the required changes. You can exercise your other rights (including deleting your Account) by contacting us at the same email address.
You can also elect not to receive marketing communications by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by following the unsubscribe instruction in such communications.
Please note that, for technical reasons, there is likely to be a delay in deleting your personal Information from our systems when you ask us to delete it. We also will retain personal Information in order to comply with the law, protect our and others’ rights, resolve disputes or enforce our legal terms or policies, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
You may have the right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information or to exercise a right to data portability under applicable law. You also may have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority, subject to applicable law.
Additionally, if we rely on consent for the processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw it at any time and free of charge. When you do so, this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal.
7. How we protect your personal information
While no service is completely secure, we have put measures in place to ensure your personal information is kept safe. This includes using Third Party software to store your personal information via an online database. These Third Party companies provide security measures such as using firewalls to protect against intruders and testing for and protecting against network vulnerabilities.
8. How we retain your personal information
The precise periods for which we keep your personal information vary depending on the nature of the information and why we need it. Factors we consider in determining these periods include the minimum required retention period prescribed by law or recommended as best practice, the period during which a claim can be made with respect to an agreement or other matter, whether the personal information has been aggregated or pseudonymized, and other relevant criteria.
As customers of Luke Holroyd Photography the customer journey goes beyond the basic services we other such as wedding photography coverage. Customers can sometimes require additonal prints, wedding albums or require futher editing to thier photographs. For this we don’t immediately delete your personal information when your imgaeyr or service is provided/complete. Instead, we keep your personal information for a reasonable period of time, so it will be there for you if you come back.
Please note that in the course of providing the Services, we collect and maintain aggregated, anonymised or de-personalised information which we may retain indefinitely.
9. Data transfers
Personal information that you submit through the Services may be transferred to countries other than where you live, such as, for example, to our servers in the U.K. We also store personal information locally on the devices you use to access the Services.
Your personal information may be transferred to countries that do not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information.
We rely upon a number of means to transfer personal information which is subject to the European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) in accordance with Chapter V of the GDPR. These include:
- Privacy Shield. We transfer, in accordance with Article 45 of the GDPR, personal information to companies that have certified their compliance with the EU-U.S. or Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks (each individually and jointly, the “Privacy Shield”), including Luke Holroyd Photography.
- Standard Data Protection Clauses. We may, in accordance with Article 46 of the GDPR, transfer personal information to recipients that have entered into the European Commission approved contract for the transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area.
- Other Means. We may, in accordance with Articles 45 and 46 of the GDPR, transfer personal information to recipients that are in a country the European Commission or a European data protection supervisory authority has confirmed, by decision, offers an adequate level of data protection, pursuant to an approved certification mechanism or code of conduct, together with binding enforcement commitments from the recipient to apply the appropriate safeguards, including as regards data subjects’ rights, or to processors which have committed to comply with binding corporate rules.
You can find out more information about these transfer mechanisms here.
11. Who is Luke Holroyd Photography?
When we say “Luke Holroyd Photography” (or “we”, “us” or “our”), we mean: Luke Holroyd Photography.
12. How to contact us
Luke Holroyd Photography
PO BOX 202